The governing body consists of:
- One Governor appointed by the Local Authority
- Four Parent Governors
- One Teacher Governor
- One Staff Governor (Headteacher)
- Five Co-Opted Governors.
A Chair and a Vice Chair are elected annually from this group of governors. Governors are responsible for:
- Ensure the school fulfils its statutory duties for example, Safeguarding.
- Ensure the school has clear vision and strategy.
- Ensure resources are managed well.
- Ensuring good quality education.
The Governing Body meets twice a term. Governors’ sub-committees for Curriculum and Resources (Finance, Staffing and Sites & Buildings) meet each term.
All Governors are part of the full Governing body and then opt to sit on the sub committees.
All Governors are appointed by the Governing body of Rigby Hall School unless otherwise stated.
List of Governors
- Mr Huw Powell - Chair of Governors, Safeguarding Governor, Post 16 Governor LinkCo-opted Governors
- Mrs Yvette Bennett - Vice Chair of Curriculum committeeCo-opted Governors
- Mr Roy Rowlands - Vice Chair Governors and Vice Chair of Resources Committee, Health & Safety GovernorCo-opted Governors
- Dr Mark Tabbernor - Chair of Resources Committee, Maths and Science Governor LinkParent Governor
- Mrs Iona Walton - Chair of Curriculum Committee, Early Years & Key Stage 1 Governor LinkParent Governor
- Mrs Martha Parsons - Parent Governor, Curriculum CommitteeParent Governor
- Mr Phil Thomas - Resources ComitteeLocal Authority Governor
- Mrs Tracey Smith - Curriculum Committee, Resources CommitteeHeadteacher
- Mrs Samantha Hayward - Associate MemberAssociate Governor (no voting rights)
- Mrs Beverley Morris - Associate MemberAssociate Governor (no voting rights)
- Mrs Shelley Hughes - Curriculum CommitteeStaff Governor