The governing body consists of:
- One Governor appointed by the Local Authority
- Four Parent Governors
- One Teacher Governor
- One Staff Governor (Headteacher)
- Five Co-Opted Governors.
A Chair and a Deputy Chair are elected annually from this group of governors. Governors are responsible for:
- Ensuring that the school is running well;
- Ensuring that the school’s budget is spent efficiently;
- Ensuring that the National Curriculum is being taught;
- Helping to draft school policies;
The Governing Body meets twice a term. Governors’ sub-committees for Curriculum and Resources (Finance, Staffing and Sites & Buildings) meet each term.
All Governors are part of the full Governing body and then opt to sit on the sub committees.
All Governors are appointed by the Governing body of Rigby Hall School unless otherwise stated.
List of Governors
- Mr Huw Powell - Chair of Governors, Post 16 Governor LinkCo-opted Governors
- Mr Roy Rowlands - Vice Chair of Resources Committee, Health & SafetyCo-opted Governors
- Mr Tom Waller - Resources CommitteeCo-opted Governors
- Mrs Caroline Mytton - Vice Chair of Governors, Vice Chair of Curriculum Committee, English Governor LinkCo-opted Governors
- Dr Mark Tabbernor - Chair of Resources Committee, Maths and Science Governor LinkParent Governor
- Mrs Iona Walton - Chair of Curriculum Committee, Early Years & Key Stage 1 Governor LinkParent Governor
- Mrs Martha Parsons - Safeguarding and LAC, Curriculum CommitteeParent Governor
- Mr Phil Thomas - Resources ComitteeLocal Authority Governor
- Mrs Tracey Smith - Curriculum Committee, Resources CommitteeHeadteacher
- Mrs Tracey Kesterton - Resources CommitteeAssociate Governor (no voting rights)
- Mr Michael Duggan - Resources CommitteeAssociate Governor (no voting rights)