In PE at Rigby Hall, we provide opportunities for pupils to become physically confident in a way which supports their health and fitness. Opportunities to compete in sport and other activities build character and help to embed values such as fairness and respect.
We aim to ensure all pupils have the opportunity to:
- develop competence in a broad range of physical activities relevant to their needs
- be physically active for sustained periods of time
- engage in competitive sports and activities
- lead healthy, active lives
This is achieved through the use of a wide range of facilities including:
- our newly refurbished multipurpose gym including wall equipment, rebound trampoline and gymnastic apparatus
- our fitness pod including running, rowing, cross-trek, and cycling machines alongside free weights & yoga mats
- our outdoor gym
- our MUGA (multi-use games area)
- our daily mile track
- our playing field including inbuilt sunken trampoline
- bouldering wall
- our multi-sensory playground including equipment to support proprioceptive and vestibular senses through play including reaction boards, inclusive roundabout, nest swings and climbing frame.
PE encourages a sense of 'team' and 'belonging', and this has been enhanced further with all children being allocated their own Rigby Hall PE kit so that they feel part of Team Rigby, both in and out of the school environment.
Sport is an important part of the curriculum and a broad range of topic areas are covered, including: Football, Netball, Rugby, Tennis, Cricket, Athletics, Swimming and Dance.
We also offer after school clubs which includes our own Football Teams for children of all ages, where we also invite pupils from other Schools to train alongside our children.
We also give pupils the opportunities to partake in activities and events off site including golf, paddle-boarding, fishing and outdoor activities. We are also involved with local schools to engage in their Paralympic and multi-skills festivals for KS1 & 2.
We have strong links with Redditch United Football club where our pupils have enjoyed training in their faciltieis and being mascots at a First Team Football match, and also Midlands Downs Syndrome Football Club who train on site each month.